• Exemptions for first aid
- Current Athletic Training (certified or licensed in your state)
- Current Instructor in American Red Cross Sport Safety Training
- Current Instructor in ASEP Sport First Aid
• Eligible sport first-aid courses completed within the last three (3) years.
- NFHS First Aid for Coaches (American Red Cross/USOC)
- PREPARE (National Center for Sports Safety)
- ASEP Sport First Aid
- Sport Safety Training (American Red Cross)
- Sports Injury Prevention and First Aid (American Red Cross)
- KMA/KHSAA Sports Safety Course (Kentucky)
- CARE AND PREVENTION OF ATHLETIC INJURIES (Maryland)
- MHSAA CAP 1 Module 3 Sports Medicine (Michigan)
- Fairfax County Sport First Aid (Virginia)
- American Heart Association HeartSaver First Aid
**College courses will not be accepted unless it resulted in a certification from
the American Red Cross in Sports Injury Prevention and First Aid.
**CPR training does not qualify as an eligible first aid course. You must have one
of the first aid courses listed above to be eligible for NFHS Coach Certification.